Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Redesigns/Main Page"
(initial commit; uses the category_table_divided. also has a featured programs section.)
m (moved Free Software Directory:Redesigns to Free Software Directory:Redesigns/Main Page: Free Software Directory:Redesigns should be a place to list redesigns of any section of the website.)
Revision as of 11:48, 19 October 2011
What is free software?
Free software is a matter of liberty, not price. Think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer." Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software.
Query or Browse
Free software to use for ...
Free software that interfaces with ...
Free software for business ...
Free software that works with ...
Free software that works with the format...
- MultiBit: featured on 9 August 2013
- Tahoe-LAFS: featured on 8 August 2013
- Coreboot: featured on 11 July 2012
- Denemo: featured on 11 July 2012
- Pino: featured on 11 July 2012
- … further results
- Have you found a bug or an entry that needs to be updated?
- Would you like to submit a new entry?
- Or are you eager to join a team of other community members to help maintain, grow, and re-build the Free Software Directory?
If so, visit our Participate page to find out how you can get started today.
The Free Software Directory is a project of the Free Software Foundation (FSF). We catalog useful free software that runs under free operating systems — particularly the GNU operating system and its GNU/Linux variants.
Licenses are verified for each and every program listed in this directory.
If you are looking for a full operating system for your computer, please see our list of free GNU/Linux distros.
The FSF provides this directory as a service to the free software community. Please consider donating to the FSF to help support this project.