Free Software Directory:Workflow
Here are some of the pages that an admin will find useful:
- Category:Review: Submissions for (usually) new packages
- Category:Reviewed: Submissions that have been processed
- Category:Bug_report: Package update submissions
- Category:Bug_report-done: Submissions that have been processed
- Category:Alert: Packages that have been marked as containing non-free software or using non-free documentation
- Category:GNU_review: Submissions marked as GNU
- Category:GNU_review-done: GNU submissions that have been processed
- Form:Entry: Admins can use this to create new project pages
When editing a page, you have the option of using "Edit" or "Edit with Form". The first allows you to see the source code of the page and offers more flexibility, whereas the second one presents you with a convenient form layout, displaying and allowing you to edit current values.
At the top of pages in the Review: namespace is a link that will allow you to create or edit pages without typing URLs. Currently, making changes on official entries involves manually typing in what you have found, or copying and pasting basic info from user-submissions. To avoid copyright infringement, and to allow us to release the directory under the FDL, please use your own wording for program descriptions.
These links are useful for people working on fixing and brining new features to the directory:
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.