FreeIPMI provides in-band and out-of-band IPMI software based on the IPMI v1.5/2.0 specification. The software has been written with a number of useful features for large HPC and cluster environments. Its components include:
- Libfreeipmi - A C library that includes KCS, SSIF, and OpenIPMI drivers, IPMI 1.5 and IPMI 2.0 LAN communication interfaces, IPMI packet building utilities, IPMI command utilities, and utilities for reading/interpreting/managing IPMI.
- Bmc-info - A tool to read information about the local BMC such as version information and device support.
- Bmc-config - A tool to configure usernames, passwords, networking information, security, and other relevant IPMI configuration fields.
- Bmc-watchdog - A tool/daemon to manage a BMC Watchdog. This tool is typically used for system timeout management and automatic system restarts in the event of a system crash.
- Ipmi-chassis - A tool to manage/monitor a chassis, such as chassis power, identification, and status.
- Ipmi-fru - A tool to read field replaceable unit (FRU) information from a motherboard/machine.
- Ipmi-sel - A tool to read and manage IPMI System Event Log (SEL) records.
- Ipmi-sensors - A tool to read IPMI sensor readings and sensor data repository (SDR) information.
- Ipmipower - A tool for remote power control.
- Ipmiconsole/Libipmiconsole - A tool and library for Serial-over-Lan (SOL) console access.
- Ipmi-raw - A tool that provides hex input/output of IPMI commands.
- Ipmi-locate - A tool that can probe for information about the location of a BMC device, such as device addresses.
- Ipmimonitoring/Libipmimonitoring - A tool and library for used for sensor interpretation/monitoring. The tool is similar to ipmi-sensors, but sensor readings are mapped into Nominal, Warning, and Critical states.
- Pef-config - A tool to configure IPMI Platform Event Filtering (PEF) configuration.
- Ipmiping - An IPMI ping tool for debugging.
- Rmcpping - A RMCP ping tool for debugging.
- Ipmidetect/Ipmidetectd/libipmidetect - A tool, daemon, and library for IPMI node detection.
DocumentationDocumentation available at https://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/documentation.html.
This is a GNU package:freeipmi
released on 1 August 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||mtjm||29 September 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freeipmi.git|
|Required to use||Guile|
|Required to use||readline library|
|Required to use||libgcrypt-devel|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 2 August 2016.