Gnash is a GNU Flash movie player. Flash is an animation file format pioneered by Macromedia which continues to be supported by their successor company, Adobe. Flash has been extended to include audio and video content, and programs written in ActionScript, an ECMAScript-compatible language. Gnash is based on GameSWF, and supports most SWF v7 features and some SWF v8 and v9. Features:
- Runs as a standalone application - Gnash can run standalone to play flash movies.
- Firefox plugin - Gnash can also run as a plugin from within Firefox.
- SWF v7 compliant - Gnash can play many current flash movies.
- XML Message server - Gnash also supports an XML based message system as is documented in the Flash Format specification.
- High Quality Output - Gnash uses OpenGL for rendering the graphics.
DocumentationIn HTML at http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/manual/gnash.html and for download in PDF at http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/manual/gnash.pdf
released on 18 March 2011
This package is listed in the following Collections:
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Kelly Hopkins||23 August 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/trunk|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 24 February 2009.