Pipo is a BBS (Bullettion Board System). The features of GNU Pipo-BBS include:
- Text and ANSI interfaces with colour for ANSI compatible terminals.
- Online help.
- Telnet connection (socket one planned).
- Ability to talk instantly to a user connected at the same time as you.
- Long term messages which can be viewed by non-connected users. They can be seen by all users, a specific group of users or one specific user...
- Log of recently exchanged messages, available even after logout.
- Ability to view the list of currently connected users.
- Mappable keys.
- Customization of colours.
- Lot of informations available on users (available only with that user's permission).
- Easy-to-implement multi language system.
- Different types of messages, including ASCII-Art.
- Discussion lists (a little bit like IRC).
- A voting system.
DocumentationIncluded, FAQ at http://www.gnu.org/software/pipo/Pipo-BBS.html#TOCFAQ
This is a GNU package:pipo
released on 1 June 2002
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Ted Teah||14 December 2005|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 29 May 2010.