The GnuSkies Project is an attempt to create a 'Total Plug In' (TPI) application which will eventually contain many features not yet implemented in xephem. The project is still in very early stages of development. Listed below are some of the crude initial modules currently under development. These will likely be updated and can considerably change in the near future.
- Total Plug In (TPI) base - The TPI core which will let the rest of the application be developed as plugins.
- SQL database server (plugin) - with star catalogs, orbital elements for the trajectories of well known objects, etc. It will most likely use the PostgreSQL server for this since that is available under GPL.
- Planetarium-like display facility (plugin) - so objects in the sky can graphically displayed on a computer screen.
- Ephemeris backend - covering the most basic functionality.
- Orbital computation/estimation module
This is a GNU package:gnuskies
released on 1 January 1970
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||22 May 2003|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 16 July 2004.