|The godot website indirectly promotes the use of non-free/libre software like Discord or steam but it also promotes the use of social media who are known for their unethical behaviour like censoring and tracking while having solutions like gnu social, postactiv, jitsi, tox and more .|
Godot is a 2D and 3D game engine, featuring:
- Use your eyes
- Work inside a simple, yet flexible and feature rich editor, with tools popping up to aid you only when you need them.
- Develop 2D games
- Create complex 2D games with the fully dedicated 2D engine (no need for 3D over 2D), using pixel coordinates and a wide array of tools.
- Develop 3D games
- Create realistic looking 3D games with the dedicated 3D Engine, with full support for lights, shadows, occlusion, post processing, skeletal animation, etc.
- Add custom behaviors to any object by extending it with scripting, using the built-in editor with syntax highlighting and code completion.
- Create simple or complex user interfaces, or make your own custom tools to edit your game content.
- Animate your games with full support for editing, blending, animation trees, realtime cutscenes, calling function, or animate just any property exported by any node.
- Add physics to your 2D and 3D scenes, through rigid and static bodies, characters, raycasts, vehicles and more.
- Use the built-in debugger with breakpoints and stepping, or check the performance graphs for possible bottlenecks.
- One-click deploy to several platforms, such as GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows, Android, iOS, BB10 and HTML 5.
- Extend the editor and your game by using plugins, which add extra functionality for both.
- Work in a team
- Develop projects in a team using any choice of VCS, as Godot integrates flawlessly with all of them.
- IRC general channel
- IRC development channel
released on 13 May 2016
This package is listed in the following Collections:
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Expat||Calinou||3 June 2016|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Required to use||OpenGL 2.1|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 3 June 2016.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.