KDevelop is a C/C++ development environment which facilitates the creation and development of GNU Standard Applications. The current release includes:
- Users can add, replace and remove functionality without changing the core source code
- Supports profiles which determine which plugins should be loaded
- Native non-intrusive qmake and automake support
- Supports ant (Java build tool) and extra project types like pascal, haskell, ada and scripting projects
- File wizard to manage file templates and create new files
- Includes compiler plugins thatdefine compiler options
- Configuration profiles that specify different compilers, compiler flags, build directories, target architecture, etc.
- Problem reporter which reports problem as you type, a class browser that displays a hierarchy of classes and other symbols, and a language parser that feeds them.
- Supports 15 different programming languages
- C++- specific features including 'make member,' 'extract interface,' and 'subclassing'
- A syntax-highlighting editor
- GDB and Java debugger frontends; integrated GDB console
- CVS, Subversion, Perforce, and ClearCase support
- Works with any editor which implements KDE KTextEditor
- Application wizard generates complete sample applications
- Templates for each supported language and build system
DocumentationUser manual available from http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdevelop/kdevelop/; Programmer's manual available from http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/html/ User tutorials available from http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=tutorials.html User FAQ available in HTML formt from http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=faq.html
released on 30 November 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||15 August 2001|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=kdevelop|
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=branches_compiling.html|
|Required to build||G++ 2.95.3 or later; GNU make; perl 5.004; autoconf 2.52 or later; automake 1.6 or later; flex 2.5.4; KDE 3.0.2 or later; Qt 3.05 or later; Berkley DB 3.0 to/including 4.1|
|Weak prerequisite||sgml tools 1.0; glimpse 4.1; kdoc; a2ps 4.11; enscript; KDBg; KIconEdit; Gv|
|Weak prerequisite||Ghostview or KGhostview; CVS 1.10.6|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 28 December 2016.