free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
GNU Compact Disc Input and Control Library
The libcdio package contains a library for CD-ROM and CD image access. Applications wishing to be oblivious of the OS- and device-dependent properties of a CD-ROM or of the specific details of various CD-image formats may benefit from using this library.
The library is written in C, however there are OO C++, Perl, Python and Ruby wrappers to interface to the library. However C++ is the only one that is bundled with this package, and the interfaces provide only a subset of the full features of the library.
Also included in the libcdio package are a number of utility programs:
- cd-info, displays CD information ;
- cd-drive, shows what drivers are available and some basic properties of cd-drives attached to the system ;
- cd-read, performs low-level block reading of a CD or CD image ;
- iso-info, displays ISO-9660 information from an ISO-9660 image ;
- iso-read, extracts files from an ISO-9660 image ;
- cd-paranoia - port of cdparanoia (CD-DA jitter and error correction) using libcdio back-end CD-reading.
Interfaces to the libcdio
This is a GNU package:libcdio
released on 27 October 2012
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3||genium||2 October 2013|
Leaders and contributors
|Herbert Valerio Riedel||Contributor|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 2 October 2013.