The mu/mu4e project is a mail system designed for dealing enormous amounts of e-mail messages.
It provides a maildir indexer and searcher based on Xapian and an emacs-based e-mail client written on top of it. It also allows bindings for scripting with the Scheme programming language, advanced processing of data, and doing all kinds of statistics.
- mu-for-emacs (mu4e): a full-featured e-mail client that runs inside emacs
- mu-guile: bindings for the Guile/Scheme programming language
- a toy GTK+-interface called mug (in the ‘toys/’ subdir)
DocumentationMain commands are:
- mu index: recursively scans a collection of email messages, and stores information found in a database.
- mu find: searches for messages based on some search criteria.
- mkmdir: creates a new Maildir.
released on 20 January 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3||Genium||31 July 2014|
Leaders and contributors
|Dirk-Jan C. Binnema (aka djcb)||maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||https://github.com/djcb/mu|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 22 January 2016.