mu is a set of utilities to deal with Maildirs, specifically, indexing and searching.
It can be integrated with other e-mail clients such as mutt and Wanderlust. It provides an emacs-based e-mail client based on mu called mu4e. It also allows Guile 2.0 bindings that allow for scripting, advanced processing of your data, and doing all kinds of statistics.
- mu-for-emacs (mu4e): a full-featured e-mail client that runs inside emacs
- mu-guile: bindings for the Guile/Scheme programming language
- a toy GTK+-interface called mug (in the ‘toys/’ subdir)
DocumentationMain commands are:
- mu index: recursively scans a collection of email messages, and stores information found in a database.
- mu find: searches for messages based on some search criteria.
- mkmdir: creates a new Maildir.
released on 28 June 2014
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3||genium||31 July 2014|
Leaders and contributors
|Dirk-Jan C. Binnema (aka djcb)||maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||https://github.com/djcb/mu|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 31 July 2014.