The GNU plotutils package contains software for both programmers and technically oriented users. Its centerpiece is the libplot/libplotter, a C/C++ function lib for exporting 2-D vector graphics in many file formats (including WebCGM format, recommended by the graphics Activity of the W3 Consortium). It can also do vector graphics animations, has thread-safe APIs, and supports the use of Posix threads (if available). The program also contains the following command-line programs for plotting scientific data:
- graph- plots 2-D datasets or data streams in real time
- plot- translates metafile formats to any of the other formats
- tek2plot- translates legacy Tektronix data to any of the above formats
- pic2plot- translates the pic language to any of the other formats
- plotfont- displays character maps of the fonts available in the above formats.
- spline- spline interpolation of data
- ode- numerically integrates ordinary differential equations
DocumentationUser manual included; User manual available from http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/manual/plotutils.html
This is a GNU package:plotutils
released on 15 July 2000
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPL||Janet Casey||31 January 2001|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 28 June 2010.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.