The GNU plotutils package contains software for both programmers and technically oriented users. Its centerpiece is the libplot/libplotter, a C/C++ function lib for exporting 2-D vector graphics in many file formats (including WebCGM format, recommended by the graphics Activity of the W3 Consortium). It can also do vector graphics animations, has thread-safe APIs, and supports the use of Posix threads (if available). The program also contains the following command-line programs for plotting scientific data:
- graph- plots 2-D datasets or data streams in real time
- plot- translates metafile formats to any of the other formats
- tek2plot- translates legacy Tektronix data to any of the above formats
- pic2plot- translates the pic language to any of the other formats
- plotfont- displays character maps of the fonts available in the above formats.
- spline- spline interpolation of data
- ode- numerically integrates ordinary differential equations
DocumentationUser manual included; User manual available from http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/manual/plotutils.html
This is a GNU package:plotutils
released on 15 July 2000
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPL||Janet Casey||31 January 2001|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 28 June 2010.