Screen is a terminal window manager that multiplexes a single terminal between several processes. The virtual terminals each provide features such as a scroll-back buffer and a copy-and-paste mechanism. Screen then manages the different virtual terminals, allowing to easily switch between them, to detach them from the current session, or even splitting the view to show two terminals at once.
DocumentationOnline documentation available at: https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/manual/
Some of the most important keybindings include:
- C-a ? (help) Show all keybindings.
- C-a c (screen) Create new windows.
- C-a SPACE (next) Advance to next window (with wraparound).
- C-a C-a (other) Toggle between the current and previously displayed windows.
- C-a n (select n) Switch to window n=0 ... 9.
- C-a : (colon) Online configuration change.
See the man page or TeXinfo manual for many more keybindings and commands.
- IRC general channel
This is a GNU package:screen
released on 17 January 2017
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Genium||5 January 2017|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git|
|Developer||Mailing List Subscribe||https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-devel|
|Users||Mailing List Subscribe||https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 18 January 2017.