free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
Textutils contains the following software:
- cat- concatenates and prints files on the standard output
- cksum- checksum and count the bytes in a file
- comm- compares two sorted files line by line
- csplit- splits a file into sections determined by context lines
- cut- remove sections from each line of files
- expand- convert tabs to spaces
- fmt- simple optimal text formatter
- fold- wrap each input line to fit in specified width
- head- output the first part of files
- join- join lines of two files on a common field
- md5sum- compute and check MD5 messsage digest
- nl- number lines of files
- od- dump files in octal and other formats
- paste- merge lines of files
- ptx- produce a permuted index of file contents
- pr- convert text files for printing
- sort- sort lines of text files
- split- split a file into pieces
- sum- checksum and count the blocks in a file
- tac- concatenates and prints files in reverse
- tail- outputs the last part of files
- tr- translates or deletes characters
- tsort- perform topological sort
- unexpand- convert spaces to tabs
- uniq- remove duplicate lines from a sorted file
- wc- prints the number of bytes, words, and lines in files
This program has been folded into 'coreutils.' Please see that entry (http://directory.fsf.org/coreutils.html) for the latest information on this software. This project was a GNU package. It has since been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
released on 6 August 2002
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||1 February 2001|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 11 May 2005.