Web Adjuster is a Tornado-based, domain-rewriting proxy for applying custom processing to Web pages. It is particularly meant for users of smartphones etc as these might not support browser extensions. It is self-contained in a single python file.
Web Adjuster can:
- Add a custom stylesheet to change size, layout and colours
- Supply default values of cookies for site preferences etc
- Run a custom program to change the markup, or to change or annotate text for language tools (see for example Annotator Generator)
- Render images for a language or text size not supported by the browser (this function requires the Python Imaging Library and suitable fonts)
- Down-sample MP3 audio to save bandwidth, and add plain text versions of PDF and EPUB ﬁles (helper programs are required for these functions)
- Remove problematic markup from pages
Download version 0.182
Extension or PluginThis package can be used as an extension, plugin, or add-on to:
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Apache2.0||Jgay||30 August 2013|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 30 August 2013.