Web Adjuster is a Tornado-based, domain-rewriting proxy for applying custom processing to Web pages. It is particularly meant for users of smartphones etc as these might not support browser extensions. It is self-contained in a single python file.
Web Adjuster can:
- Add a custom stylesheet to change size, layout and colours
- Supply default values of cookies for site preferences etc
- Run a custom program to change the markup, or to change or annotate text for language tools (see for example Annotator Generator)
- Render images for a language or text size not supported by the browser (this function requires the Python Imaging Library and suitable fonts)
- Down-sample MP3 audio to save bandwidth, and add plain text versions of PDF and EPUB ﬁles (helper programs are required for these functions)
- Remove problematic markup from pages
Extension or PluginThis package can be used as an extension, plugin, or add-on to:
Download version 0.182
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Apache2.0||Jgay||30 August 2013|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 30 August 2013.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.