- Small. It is very useful for small footprint installations (like on floppy disk) or quick editing sessions. A typical binary is about 100Kb.
- 8-bit clean. Zile can operate with binary files.
- Looks like Emacs. Most Zile key sequences and function names are identical to Emacs ones.
- Multi buffer editing with multi level undo. The number of files and undo operations that Zile can handle is limited only by memory.
- Multi window. Zile can display multiple windows on the screen.
- Killing, yanking and registers. The standard killing, yanking and register features of Emacs are available under Zile.
- Minibuffer completion. Zile can complete commands and filenames in the minibuffer.
- Auto fill (word wrap). Zile automatically breaks the lines when they become too wide (if the Auto Fill Mode is enabled).
This is a GNU package:zile
released on 26 February 2014
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Andrew Engelbrecht||6 December 2011|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/zile.git|
|bug reports, enhancements||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-zile|
|user help||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-zile|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 1 March 2014.