A binary block editor
bbe is a sed-like editor for binary files. bbe performs basic byte operations on blocks of input stream. bbe is command line tools developed in GNU/Linux environment.Features include:
- Non-interactive command-line tool.
- Reads input stream in arbitrary blocks, not as lines as sed.
- Input blocks can be defined as offset and length, just length, or using start and stop strings.
- Basic commands: insert, delete, change, replace and convert data.
- Commands can be given in command line or read from script-file.
- Blocks can be written either to standard output or file.
DocumentationIncluded, and online at http://members.surfeu.fi/tjsa/bbe/bbe.html
released on 5 November 2006
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 28 December 2016.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.