Beneath a Steel Sky
Beneath a steel sky
classic 2D point and click science fiction adventure game
A science-fiction thriller set in a bleak post-apocalyptic vision of the future, Beneath a Steel Sky revolves around "Union City", where selfishness, rivalry, and corruption by its citizens seems to be all too common, those who can afford it live underground, away from the pollution and social problems which are plaguing the city.
You take on the role of Robert Foster, an outcast of sorts from the city since a boy who was raised in a remote environment outside of Union City simply termed "the gap". Robert's mother took him away from Union City as a child on their way to "Hobart" but the helicopter crashed on its way, unfortunately Robert's mother dies, but he survives and is left to be raised by a local tribe from the gap.
Years later, Union City security drops by and abducts Robert, killing his tribe in the process; upon reaching the city the helicopter taking him there crashes with him escaping, high upon a tower block in the middle of the city he sets out to discover the truth about his past, and to seek vengeance for the killing of his tribe.
Note that this package only contains game-data. The game engine is provided by ScummVM.
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Other||Debian||20 March 2013|
1) You may distribute this game for free on any medium, provided this readme and all associated copyright notices and disclaimers are left intact.
2) You may charge a reasonable copying fee for this archive, and may distribute it in aggregate as part of a larger & possibly commercial software distribution (such as a Linux distribution or magazine coverdisk). You must provide proper attribution and ensure this readme and all associated copyright notices, and disclaimers are left intact.
3) You may not charge a fee for the game itself. This includes reselling the game as an individual item.
4) You may modify the game as you wish. You may also distribute modified versions under the terms set forth in this license, but with the additional requirement that the work is marked with a prominent notice which states that it is a modified version.
5) All game content is (C) Revolution Software Ltd. The ScummVM engine is (C) The ScummVM Team (www.scummvm.org)
6) THE GAMEDATA IN THIS ARCHIVE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING AND NOT LIMITEDTO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
|Other||Debian||20 March 2013|
License: Public Domain
Public Domain The Debian-related build scripts are placed in thepublic domain.
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.