Broaden your selection:
- Automates most tasks on video and audio streaming.
Besides being a free/libre software, its goals are:
- Move past command-line based streaming, by automating things.
- Provide audio/video feedback for the volunteer at the station to monitor the streaming.
- Behave slightly differently according to user actions or loss of the feed.
- GTK+ graphical user interface.
- Ease to switch between testing mode -- for testing the audio and video chain without broadcasting -- to stream mode, which broadcasts the feeds.
- In the event of main camera source failure, ABYSS changes the pipeline to fetch the video source from a backup USB webcam and then starts broadcasting again.
- Each stream is actually recorded locally in three forms to allow easy post-processing: audio-only, raw-video, and audio-video.
- AKFAvatar is a fancy graphical user interface for applications, where an avatar appears on the screen and tells things to the user via a speech bubble. There can also be recorded audio files, so that the user even can hear what it is saying. It can be used for infotainment systems. With AKFAvatar you can easily write cross platform applications in Lua. Lua scripts don't even need to be compiled for the target platform. It has an interface for C programs. Furthermore there is a binding for Free Pascal.
- 'aRts' is a framework for developing modular multimedia applications. The sound server, artsd, lets multiple applications cooperatively process and output sound and music. aRts provides its filter and synthesis capabilities to other applications using the multimedia communication protocol (MCOP). The package is also capable of modular realtime synthesis. It can create sounds & music (realtime midi synthesis) using small modules like oscillators for creating waveforms, various filters, mixers, faders, etc. As of Dec 02, 2004, development on this project has been discontinued.
- AVideo /ævə'dɛjo:/ is a powerful, 100% libre video and audio downloader for GNU/Linux. With your freedom and privacy a #1 priority, avideo offers you peace of mind in watching everything from world news and documentaries to the latest cat videos. This removes the possibly non-free software that youtube-dl uses.
- 'abcde' is a frontend to cdparanoia, wget, cd-discid, id3, and your favorite Ogg/MP3/Flac encoder (Oggenc is the default). With one comand, it grabs a CD, converts each track to Ogg/MP3/Flac, and comments or ID3-tags each file. It supports multiple output in a single CD read, volume normalization, gapless encoding (with Lame), parallelization, SMP, HTTP proxies, customizable filename organization and munging, playlist generation, and remote distributed encoding via distmp3.
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices. NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- Adcd is a CD player for GNU/Linux with a ncurses (text mode) interface. It features all the functions expected in a compact disc player, including playing selected tracks, random playing and loop mode. Also features a non-interactive mode for those who want to play their CDs while using the console for something else.
- Agatha is a Web-based MP3 playing system that allows the home user or office group to stream music, create, manage, and share play lists, and control the playing of music on a remote system. It does not require a database and has full play-on-server support.
- Advanced GTK+ Sequencer (AGS) is intended to use for music composition. It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel. Further it has LADSPA, DSSI and Lv2 plugin support. It's designed to be highly configurable. You may add effects to its effect chain; and add or remove audio channels/pads. You may set up a fully functional network of engines, thus there is a link editor for linking audio lines. AGS requires a realtime kernel and ALSA support. AGS uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that's why you need at least a preemptable kernel. LADSPA support has been added to version 0.4.2 as well export to WAV. Version 0.5.x brings you first concurrent audio tree processing support. Version 0.6.x is dedicated to accessibility. You might control GSequencer by keyboard. As you move to a note it provides you an audible feedback. Version 0.7.x gives you the benefit of providing the libraries libags, libags-thread, libags-server, libags-audio and libgsequencer. It contains for now an automation editor. Open Sound System (OSS4) and JACK Audio Connection Kit support has been added recently. Now you may configure multiple soundcards. Since 0.7.111 there is MIDI input available. Let you record your MIDI instrument and doing live performance. Version 0.8.x extended MIDI support to import/export SMF. A built-in envelope editor and additional editing functionality like move/crop selected notes.
- Think of a radio station. Airtime is software that allows multiple people to run it over the internet. Airtime helps them manage the audio archive, upload files, create shows, manage staff, edit the programme calendar and cue playout. Designed specifically for independent media, it's free software.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.