|scrcpy||Chromecast, or HDMI/DP Alt Mode supported mobile devices (obscure)|
1: scrcpy is an Android remote controlling software for GNU/Linux that works out of the box. Simple use case to watch a movie from a smartphone on a wide screen computer monitor:
- Use a wide screen computer monitor from a desktop computer, or connect it to a laptop computer.
- Install the scrcpy package on the computer.
- Connect a USB cable from a smartphone to the computer.
- Run scrpcy from the computer to make it mirror the smartphone screen on the computer monitor.
- Play a movie from a media player in the smartphone.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.