a C/C++ library for cross compiler plugin libraries.
DynObj is a C/C++ library for cross compiler plugin libraries. It enables exposing and sharing run-time type information for C++ classes. This allows for loading binary plugins, and interacting with them in type safe ways:
- A program working with sound can install additional effect filters while running.
- A file manager can add plugins that handles new archive types.
- Or it can add file popup menu handlers, or toolbar commands from plugins.
- A text editor can add an editing mode (say Python editing) when the text editor is running.
- So, plugins can make a static application a lot more dynamic. And DynObj does this in a generic, type safe way.
released on 25 February 2009
25 February 2009
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 13 March 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.