H2O is a new generation HTTP server that provides quicker response to users with less CPU utilization when compared to older generation of web servers. Designed from ground-up, the server takes full advantage of HTTP/2 features including prioritized content serving and server push, promising outstanding experience to the visitors of your web site.
- HTTP/1.0, HTTP/1.1
- full support for dependency and weight-based prioritization with server-side tweaks
- cache-aware server push
- TCP Fast Open
- session resumption (standalone & memcached)
- session tickets with automatic key rollover
- automatic OCSP stapling
- forward secrecy & fast AEAD ciphers1
- private key protection using privilege separation
- static file serving
- reverse proxy
- scriptable using mruby (Rack-based)
- graceful restart and self-upgrade
2 June 2020
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.