IceCat/Download Manager (S3)
Download Manager (S3)
View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar
This is a new life in Firefox 26+ for old well-known addon Download Statusbar
New Features: Replace Downloads Library page. Now you have full control of your downloads history!
New name fully reveals its essence: Download Manager (S3) Old name: S3.Download Statusbar
Pick of the Month: S3.Download Statusbar: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2014/04/02/april-featured-add-ons/
Original Download Statusbar add-on for Mozilla Firefox is abandoned October 28, 2011: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/download-statusbar/
Does it mean its death? Of course not! It has been reborn! I brought it back to life! Now it is called Download Manager (S3) and works with all Firefox versions 26+
Completely rewritten code to be compatible with the latest versions of firefox, but visual interface unchanged for use as a familiar old Download Statusbar
What is Download Manager (S3)?
Despite its compact size, Download Manager (S3) packs in more useful features than the standard download window. The fully customizable interface auto-hides when not in use, allowing full control without interruption.
- Ctrl + J = Open Downloads Library page
- Ctrl + Shift + Z = Show(and switch to Full mode)/Hide Statusbar
- Ctrl + Shift + Backspace = clear the last downloaded item
- Ctrl + Shift + Insert = Undo last clear
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter = open the last downloaded item
- Alt + Shift + Enter = show the last downloaded item
New Features (compared with the original Download Statusbar):
- Replace Downloads Library page.
- Now you have full control of your downloads history!
- show progress, time remaining, full file path, url, etc..;
- show summary progress;
- for one download or groups: retry, pause, cancel, resume, etc..;
- search in Downloads History;
- preview image files;
- and many other functions
- Show only NUM completed downloads
- Hide downbar button
- Checksum for downloaded file
- Checksum for any file
- Auto Mode (when download finished: switch to mini-mode, else enable full-mode)
- Position of the buttons in statusbar (left or right)
- Only for Full Mode: hide statusbar when all downloads are completed
- Show special icon if the file not found
- Place newest downloads from: Left or Right
- Download Statusbar in top of the screen
- Execute command when all downloads are completed (Close browser or Shutdown computer or execute some file and execute some command from command-line. For example: send to Email)
- Options: Text Sizes - Tooltip Size
- Queue Mode
- Auto-hide the download statusbar when fullscreen video
- Disable confirmation when closing the browser when there are active downloads
- Show the 'Downloads Completed' notification
- Summary progress on status bar
- ONLY for WINDOWS: "Advanced" menu for downloaded file == integration to add-on "Downloads Context Menu"
- ...and a lot of other changes
forums mozillaZine: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2793995
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.