Tools for manipulating patch files
Patchutils contains the following tools for manipulating patch files: interdiff, combinediff, filterdiff, fixcvsdiff, rediff, lsdiff, and splitdiff. You can use
- interdiff- creates an incremental patch from two patches against a common source
- combinediff- creates a single patch from two incremental patches
- filterdiff- selects patches based on files matching shell wildcards
- lsdiff- lists modified files in a patch
- rediff- corrects hand-edited patches
- fixcvsdiff- corrects the output of 'cvs diff'
- splitdiff- separates patches so that each new file alters a given file only once
released on 20 April 2015
7 December 2001
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 22 February 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.