Python-based GTK+ GUI for synchronizing photos and photo albums with your pod with a color display
- Create Photo Albums: You can create photo albums. Each album contains images located in a directory on your local disk. PythoPhotoPod automatically synchronizes the photo album with the directory contents. Adding, changing or removing photos in your local directory will be recognized by PythoPhotoPod the next time you update your iPod.
- Manage Photo Albums: Change the order of the photo albums as they are shown in the iPod's photo album list.
- Configure Photo Albums:
- Configure the name of each album as displayed on your pod.
- Set directory location of each photo album on your local machine.
- Optionally photos within the subdirectories of the given album location can be included.
- A list of file masks can be configured to restrict the album to images of certain type *.jpg:*.gif:*.png.
- A list of exclude masks can be given to identify images which shall not be part of the album (e.g. *.jpg: *_thumb.gif.
- Image Options:
- Zoom option: PythoPhotoPod resizes images to fit your iPod display. Normally images are shrunk to fit the entire image in the iPod's display. This, however, may result in black stripes above/below your image, unless your image exactly matches the aspect ratio of the iPod display. When the zoom option is enabled PythoPhotoPod removes black stripes by zooming-in the image. As a result the image covers the entire iPod display, but image areas at the left and right border may be cut off.
- Rotate option: Images in upright format (image height is larger than image width) will result in large black stripes at the left and right edge of the iPod display. With the rotate option enabled PythoPhotoPod rotates such images by 90 degrees. To view such images on your iPod - just turn your iPod by 90 degrees - there you go! This works beautifully with entire albums of such images. The rotate option, however, will only affect thumb images displayed on your iPod directly. The TV image is not affected by this option (Generally it is less convenient to rotate an entire TV just to have a better view on upright format images, so...).
- iPod Preview: When you select an image in an album, PythoPhotoPod will immediately display an image preview. This preview reflects the size and shape of the image as it will be displayed on your iPod.
- Supported image formats: Any image format can be used PythoPhotoPod which is supported by your GTK+ installation. Generally this include bmp, jpeg, gif, png, xpm and a large number of further image formats.
released on 2 May 2007
16 November 2005
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=767696&group_id=147212&func=browse|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 25 February 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.