mounts complete live distros over the web, and makes them available locally.
The software distribution system that works differently. rootz mounts complete live distros over the web, and makes them available locally. Attach your local GNU/linux system to various mirrors and simply run applications, without any installation or prior downloads!
- True "on demand" mechanism that does not require full download of the software but fetches only the needed files.
- No special repackaging is needed (as opposed to klik, zero install or autopackage).
- Support multiple mixed images - run experimental apps from debian sid side by side with ubuntu stable app, fedora, mepis, sabayon and more.
- Integrated - launch all the apps from your normal desktop or browser
- Secured - unchanged, isolated (chrooted) images.
21 February 2009
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.