- Fontopia is an easy-to-use, text-based, console font editor. It's used to edit the fonts that GNU/Linux uses to display text on text-based terminals. Fontopia works on both PSF 1 & 2, BDF, Code Paged (CP) fonts, and Raw font files. It provides a user-friendly, easy-to-use glyph editor and it can easily change font metrics (e.g. length, width, and height) and convert between different font formats.
- The Gregorio project offers tools for the typesetting of Gregorian chant. These tools include:
- gabc: a brief notation for representing Gregorian chant
- GregorioTeX: a TeX style for typesetting scores
- GregorioXML: an XML representation of a Gregorian chant score
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following functionalities:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
- Hitch allows developers to be properly credited when Pair Programming and using Git.
- Inkscape is an SVG editor. Supported SVG features include basic shapes, paths, text, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, filters, node editing, PNG export, grouping, and more. It is meant to provide the free software community with a fully XML, SVG, and CSS2 compliant SVG drawing tool.
- Chemical drawing program for the cdx/cdxml formats. This one tries to be as close and completely as possible to the proprietary reference implementation without forfeiting the KISS principle. It offers a database-less search function and a headless mode for automated editing
- Manuscript is an organiser for writers. Split your work in smaller units, reorganise them on the go, keep tracks of characters, places, objects, etc.
- Markdown Mode is a major mode for GNU Emacs for editing Markdown-formatted text files. It provides syntax highlighting and editing commands.
- Markdown is a text-to-HTML filter; it translates an easy-to-read / easy-to-write structured text format into HTML. Markdown's text format is most similar to that of plain text email, and supports features such as headers, emphasis, code blocks, blockquotes, and links. This is a fast and complete Python implementation of the Markdown spec.
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.