- Today: You can take notes with it. Rearrange them easily, up and down in a list, or up/down in the hierarchy. Link them to each other. Navigate across links with simple keypresses. Make deeply nested lists. Link lists to lists. Compose long paragraphs and attach them. Or do more complicated things if desired, by creating relationship types and using those. Import txt or export txt or html. It's better than the alternatives for some people, because the navigation takes fewer keystrokes, you don't have to read a manual (it's all on the screen, or so I like to think), you can have the same thing in as many places as you want, it is Free (some alternatives are, others are not), and it has immense future potential for becoming a better-structured, much more powerful and flexible wikipedia-like tool, if we work together. Vision: The idea is to have the most efficient personal knowledge organizer (now available in a usable text-based interface), then support mobile access, easy internal automation, and effective sharing and collaboration. Then, to combine efforts and learn as we go until we integrate humankind's knowledge over time. The key differentiators are that it is to be Free, and based on an object model (easily created on the fly as a side-effect of using the system), rather than on massive amounts of words. The knowledge is the same, even if the words can change. One can think of that as "using building blocks of knowledge, starting at an atomic level (i.e. numbers, relationships...), free and efficient." Or, taking the best experiences of online organizer tools and wikis, but more structured, efficient, Free, open, and collaborative; and allowing full individual or organizational control.
- Pencil (prototyping software)
- Pencil is an easy to install and easy to use GUI prototyping tool to allow users to create mockups. It works across a variety of popular desktop platforms.
- Portofino is a free and open source web framework that helps developers create outstanding enterprise applications by addressing three specific needs: productivity, features and architecture. Among its features: content management, CRUD, database connectivity, calendars, charts, security and easy customization using Groovy. A wizard allows the developer to create a web application by connecting to an existing database quickly and easily.
- Rubedo is an open-source Big data CMS & E-commerce. First cms with integrated Behavioral targeting. Rubedo is the first solution able to transform 360 digital experience by offering a fully-integrated and personnalized multi-channel communication. Rubedo offers a simple and intuitive content management and media. inline editing makes it easier for contributors and editorial work.Rubedo's multi-sites intuitive features allows you to create small or complex websites without requiring any development. Easily share contents, media, documents, users between your sites without having to duplicate them. Websites can be managed by different teams and several users, while maintaining a central administration. Rubedo is based on PHP (ZF), MongoDB, Elasticsearch & AngularJS.
- Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware is a full-featured, web-based, multilingual (40+ languages), tightly integrated, all-in-one Wiki+CMS+Groupware, Free / Libre / Open Source Software (GNU/LGPL), using PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework, jQuery and Smarty. Tiki can be used to create all kinds of Web applications, sites, portals, knowledge base, intranets, and extranets. It is actively developed by a very large international community. Tiki is the FLOSS Web Application with the most built-in features. Highly configurable and modular, all features are optional and administered via a web-based interface. Major features include a robust wiki engine, news articles, discussion forums, newsletters, blogs, file and image galleries, bug and issue trackers (form generator), a links directory, polls/surveys and quizzes, banner management system, calendar, maps, mobile, RSS feeds, category system, tags, an advanced themeing engine (Smarty), spreadsheet, slideshow, drawing, live support, shoutbox, inter-user messaging, menu generator, advanced permission system for users and groups, internal search engine, external authentication support, and much, much more. It integrates with the web conferencing BigBlueBlueButton.org for audio/video/chat/screensharing and whiteboard support.
- Werc is a minimalist web anti-framework built following the Unix and Plan 9 tool philosophy of software design.
- 'xmlclitools' provides four command-line tools for searching, modifying, and formating XML data. The tools are designed to work in conjunction with standard *nix utilities such as grep, sort, and shell scripts. It includes,xmlgrep (select subsets of xmlfiles for output, xmlfmt (prints properties of xmlfiles formatted on a line by line basis), and xmlmod (modifies xmlfiles, changes values, adds/deletes nodes)
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.