- Eagle Mode
- Eagle Mode is a general, zoomable user interface, consisting of a framework and plugin applications. It aims to make computing faster, easier, and more exciting, but it requires some practice by the user. The most important plugin is the advanced file manager, which allows you to browse directories and quickly organize files and archives through a rich and highly customizable set of commands. Further plugins allow you to view text and image files, browse archive files, and play back audio and video files.
- GNOME Shell Extension TaskBar
- TaskBar is a GNOME Shell extension. It displays icons of running applications on the top panel or alternatively on a new bottom panel. Activate, minimize or close tasks with a simple click. TaskBar is a dock-like windows list on the top/bottom bar. Development stopped Last stable version (Apr 5, 2018 / available here): 57.0 Last updates (Oct 17, 2018): https://github.com/zpydr/gnome-shell-extension-taskbar/tree/39b36aba2611c42cefbbf9beab60d46ce75ec82c
- Good Weather Desklet
- This is a candidate for deletion: Links broken. No links to page. Homepage not on archive.org. Email to maintainer broken.Poppy-one (talk) 16:34, 28 July 2018 (EDT) This GNOME desklet (gDesklet) displays the current weather condition (temperature, sky, humidity) and forecasts for the next four days on your desktop. It requires the gDesklet software and FontSelector desklet sensor.
- Gxmessage opens a pop-up window to display a message obtained from the command-line, from a file, or from stdin. The window can include a row of user-defined buttons, each of which causes the program to exit with a different return code.
- IceCat/Yet Another Smooth Scrolling WE
- Extends smooth scroll more tweakable. By keyboard scroll also supported. With this extension, you can customize smooth scrolling behavior. The extension is worth to use, if you are frustrated at any of below. - Step size for scrolling by the cursor keys is so short. - A built-in smooth scrolling is somewhat less sensitive and laggy. - When you flick a wheel so quick, scrolling should move farther but just count ticks of a wheel.
- Kiba-Dock is based on Akamaru a simple, but fun, physics engine. It provides functionality similar to gnome dock, such as a list of running programs and launchers. It also supports plugins.
- Konch is a versatile utility that allows you to create system tray applets using standard scripting languages such as bash, Perl, or Python. You can change the icon shown in the tray, apply several effects, and create menus. Konch relays events to your script via command-line parameters or STDIN. Your script can respond by simply printing out appropriate lines (such as a menu listing), or executing a program.
- Lgogd uri
- A streamlined PyGTK GUI which allows LGOGDownloader to act as a URI handler for the gogdownloader:// URIs employed by GOG.com to trigger their Windows and MacOS downloader clients. Perfect for anyone who wants a comfortable way to download their legally purchased resources for ScummVM, GemRB, etc. onto a system that runs only free software. Requires LGOGDownloader 2.22 or newer to download extras.
- Mumbles is a plugin driven, DBus based notification system written for the Gnome desktop. Similar to libnotify notifications, mumbles aims to provide a modern notification system for the GNU/Linux Desktop.
- Paper Shaper
- Retrieve a random wallpaper either from locally stored images or from a webcam or both/either and update the image used as wallpaper by the Desktop as often as desired. Paper Shaper has been tested in, and runs beautifully in: - KDE 4 (Kubuntu 12.04 LTS) - Gnome 2 (CentOS 6 / RHEL 6) - MATE (Fedora 20)
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.