- Libav is a complete, cross-platform solution to decode, encode, record, convert and stream audio and video. This package contains the avplay multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, the avconv audio and video encoder, and the avprobe stream analyzer. They support most existing file formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG, DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...). Additionally, it contains the qt-faststart utility which rearranges Quicktime files to facilitate network streaming. This package also serves as a replacement for the former 'ffmpeg' package.
- Free and responsive HTML 5 video player for Wordpress. It is very easy to use and has support for multiple resolutions and subtitles.
- lsmedia works similar to GNU command ls, but with focus on reporting codecs, resolution, fps, data rate and audio frequency
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways. Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- MediaGoblin is a free media publishing platform. It runs in a federalized manner, freeing the user from centralized web services. It supports pictures, videos and audio.
- The mpd-configure bash script creates a valid configuration file for mpd, optimised for bit perfect playback of any digital audio file, including those of high resolution. With default settings the script uses the first available alsa audio interface by using its hardware address (in the form of hw:x,y), and has automagic procedures for things like the music directory and directory where files are stored, the number of items in the music direcory and the UPNP name. When multiple audio interfaces are found, the user is presented with a choice.
- `mpd-monitor` is a bash script which displays the properties of an audio stream as played by Music Player Daemon (mpd). Besides the common mpd meta values of the current stream, like title, artist and source (url), it displays the detailed audio properties of the source stream or file, the way mpd interprets it, and the way the stream is handled by alsa (and thereforehanded over to the DAC). It can be used as a real life bit-perfectness monitor.
- mpv is a movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
Changes from mplayer2 to mpv include:
- Removal of lots of unneeded code to encourage developer activity
- Better OSD rendering
- Cleaned up terminal output * Improved OpenGL output
- Encoding functionality (replacement for mencoder)
- Wayland support
- Support for playing URLs of popular streaming sites
- Screenshot improvements...
- MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities. MusE aims to be a complete multitrack virtual studio.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.