- Libav is a complete, cross-platform solution to decode, encode, record, convert and stream audio and video. This package contains the avplay multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, the avconv audio and video encoder, and the avprobe stream analyzer. They support most existing file formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG, DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...). Additionally, it contains the qt-faststart utility which rearranges Quicktime files to facilitate network streaming. This package also serves as a replacement for the former 'ffmpeg' package.
- lsmedia works similar to GNU command ls, but with focus on reporting codecs, resolution, fps, data rate and audio frequency
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways. Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- The mpd-configure bash script creates a valid configuration file for mpd, optimised for bit perfect playback of any digital audio file, including those of high resolution. With default settings the script uses the first available alsa audio interface by using its hardware address (in the form of hw:x,y), and has automagic procedures for things like the music directory and directory where files are stored, the number of items in the music direcory and the UPNP name. When multiple audio interfaces are found, the user is presented with a choice.
- mpv is a movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
Changes from mplayer2 to mpv include:
- Removal of lots of unneeded code to encourage developer activity
- Better OSD rendering
- Cleaned up terminal output * Improved OpenGL output
- Encoding functionality (replacement for mencoder)
- Wayland support
- Support for playing URLs of popular streaming sites
- Screenshot improvements...
- Mumble is a voice chat program. There are two modules in Mumble: the client (Mumble) and the server (Murmur). It provides encrypted, low-latency voice chat. Supports group conferences, for talking amongst friends: has a mute/deafen feature, also supports textchat. A suitable free software replacement for Google Hangout, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and many more.
- The paraslash package contains server and client software for network audio streaming and stand-alone utilities for decoding and playing audio files.
- Pragha is is a lightweight GTK+ music manager that aims to be fast, bloat-free, and light on memory consumption.
Some of the features are:
- Library management using SQLlite 3
- Multiple views
- OSD support with Libnotify
- Tag Editing
- Last.fm submission
- Playlist management (M3U Exporting)
- DBUS management interface
- Quod Libet
- Quod Libet is a music player with flexible library management. Ex Falso is a library manager for users who prefer their existing music player. Rather than categorize songs only by genre, artist, and album, Quod Libet lets you sort, search and display them however you want. Additionally it supports editing music tags and metadata. It supports regular searches, regular expression searches, automatic tagging via MusicBrainz and CDDB, tag editing, album cover display, ReplayGain, multimedia keys, an OSD, and plugin support for extra functionality. Ex Falso provides the same features for library management.
- Rockbox is free software replacement firmware for various digital music players.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.