- LibreOffice is a comprehensive office suite. It contains a number of components: Writer, a word processor; Calc, a spreadsheet application; Impress, a presentation engine; Draw, a drawing and flowcharting application; Base, a database and database frontend; Math for editing mathematics. There are also a good and growing number of free software extensions and templates available. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.org, which is now called Apache OpenOffice. Because Apache OpenOffice hosts and recommends using proprietary extensions, we do not recommend using it.
- My Knowledge Explorer
- My Knowledge Explorer uses the mKR (my Knowledge Representation) language to create, query and update mKB (my Knowledge Base). mKR is a useful mixture of English (subject, verb, object, preposition phrase) and the KornShell (variables, procedures, control structures). mKB can be a local user KB or an internet KB such as OpenCyc. The Redland RDF Library commands can be used to translate mKR to/from standard W3C languages such as Turtle and SPARQL.
- OASIS is a novel linkage disequilibrium clustering algorithm that can potentially address false positives and negatives in genome-wide association studies (GWAS) in complex disorders. OASIS is a unique method that can be widely applied for mining existing GWAS datasets to identify new genes and loci in an efficient, low cost way.
- Oleo is a spreadsheet program that supports the X Window System and character based terminals, and can output Embedded PostScript renditions of spreadsheets. It has a Motif/LessTif interface, internationalization support, and an autoconf/automake based compilation process. Database access and GUI improvements are being worked on.
- OpenChrom is data analysis a tool for gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. Its functionality and algorithms can be extended using a flexible plugin approach. File formats from various vendors are supported.
- RLM Log Reader
- This utility reads usage log files from Reprise License Manager (RLM) and produces reports that can be more easily read by a human and analyzed in spreadsheet software. RLM is a third-party license manager for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to enforce license policies with their products. RLM Log Reader is not affiliated in any way with Reprise License Manager or Reprise Software. For more information on their products, visit their website: http://www.reprisesoftware.com.
- Relational pipes
- Relational pipes are an open data format designed for streaming structured data between two processes. Simultaneously with the format specification, we are also developing a reference implementation (libraries and tools) as a free software. The tools are 1) Input filters that converts other formats (e.g. CSV, XML, fstab, filesystem…) to the relational format, 2) Transformations that allows filtering and modifications (of both content and structure) of relational data, 3) Output filters that converts relational data to other formats (e.g. CSV, XML, null-byte separated values) Transformations can be simple (like grep or cut with regular expressions) or complex and powerful – using GNU Guile expressions. SQL, AWK and Python transformations are planned for further releases.
- SimThyr is a continuous simulation program for pituitary-thyroid feedback control. Applications of this program cover research, including development of hypotheses, and education of students in biology and medicine, nurses and patients. SimThyr is based on a physiologically-grounded nonlinear mathematical theory of thyroid homeostasis. The application supports simulation in time domain and various methods of sensitivity analysis. Source code is provided for Lazarus and Free Pascal. The program is compatible with most desktop Linux distributions, Mac OS X and Windows.
- The Tensei-Data software system can be used to merge, standardize and simplify data integration, data migration, data transformation and interface management processes. These processes can be manually executed or automatically by specified routines or triggers that are monitored. The system is based on modern technologies like Akka, Scala and the Play Framework. Therefore, the application is scalable, flexible and highly performant. The integrated Data Description Language (DFASDL) allows the dynamic mapping of almost any source and target system and is called within the application as dynamic connectors. For the modification of data, the Tensei-Data application offers diverse transformers which can be combined and modified.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.