- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- Diaspora is a decentralized social network (composed by many servers which interact with each other, the servers are called pods).
- Druid lets users create databases graphically. Users can add/modify/delete database objects (fields, tables, etc.) using a simple GUI and can document each table and field with HTML information. Druid then generates an SQL script with all table definitions that can be piped to the DBMS; a data dictionary file containing all the tables and field in the database, and Java classes that contain both the tables' constants and users' code. The program works with Java, C, and C++. There is a plug-in architecture, so users can write their own modules. The latest features let you examine the entire jdbc DB structure, rebuild the jdbc DB on the fly using the druid's current database, import the jdbc DB structure into druid for reverse engineering, and add/modify/delete tables' records using a simple grid control.
- Free Weekly Report Tool is a small PHP/MySQL script helps you submit and organize status reports as well as generate notifications to managers and others about the submission of those reports.
- This is a candidate for deletion: Sourceforge last updated 2013. Email to maintainer broken. Poppy-one (talk) 15:01, 30 July 2018 (EDT) FlatFileSqlDatabase is an implementation in PHP of a small database using SQL to access and using text files to store the data.
- Friendica is a communications platform for integrated social communications utilising decentralised communications and linkage to several indie social projects - as well as popular mainstream providers.
- GNUData is a system of storage of information developed with tools of free software. That can be used as Regional Databases with publication of the same informations in dynamic consultations.
- Gedafe (Generic Database Front-End) is an application independent end-user web front-end for databases. This means that the front-end has no information about the structure and contents of the database. All application logic along with meta-information on how to present the data, is put into the database. The front-end gathers this information and uses it to build the user interface. This greatly reduces development time since you only have to develop the application at the database level; the web front-end comes for free.
- 'GEQUEL' is a GTK-based frontend for MySQL. It was loosely derived from an old program by the same author (xsqlmenu). It retrieves data from MySQL databases, presents them in nice browsers, and lets users do update, delete, insert, search, query, and copy operations.
- 'Glom' is a GUI that lets you design PostgreSQL table definitions and the relationships between them, as well as edit and search the data in those tables. The design has the added advantage of separation between interface and data. It attempts to provide a simple generic framework sufficient to implement most database applications (which normally consists of lots of repetitive, unmaintainable code). Glom-specific data such as the relationship definitions is saved in the Glom document. Glom re-connects to the postgreSQL server when it loads a previous Glom document. The document is in XML format.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.