This user account is inactive, use User:jgay instead.
Former campaigns manager
Free Software Foundation
- AFT (Almost Free Text) is a document preparation system. It is mostly free form, meaning that there is little intrusive markup; AFT source documents look a lot like plain old ASCII text. It has a few rules for structuring your document, more to do with formatting your text than embedding lots of commands, and it produces all types of output (HTML, XHTML, LaTeX, roll-your-own XML, etc.). All that needs to be done is to edit a rule file. You can even customize your own rule files for specialized output
- AbiWord is a full featured word processor. Current features include:
- basic character formatting
- paragraph alignment
- import of Word97 and RTF documents
- export to RTF, Text. HTML, and LaTeX formats
- interactive ruler and tabs
- unlimited undo/redo
- multiple column control
- widow/orphan control
- The tool is designed as a password dictionary attack tool that targets windows authentication via the SMB protocol. It is really a wrapper script around the ‘smbclient’ binary, and as a result is dependent on it for its execution.
- AdaDoc is a tool for Ada 95 developers. It creates an HTML file from a package specification for documentation purposes.
- Adie is a fast and convenient programming text editor written using the FOX Toolkit. It is also a convenient file viewer, supporting several methods to move from one file to the next. For each visited file, it remembers where you were last looking, and which special places have been bookmarked, so you can quickly return to frequently visited places. Users can optionally visit files with a single click by displaying the File/Directory browser side by side with the text.
- Alterparagraphs is an ongoing effort for providing a family of paragraph implementations, each to be used as a replacement for the regular and only paragraph flowable inside the ReportLab package. The idea behind this collection of paragraphs is to provide simple implementations that can be more easily understood and extended than the monolithic paragraph implementation as implemented by ReportLab. Note that many of the paragraph classes in alterparagraphs are not finished in the sense that they are directly ready for production (this is especially true for the XMLParagraph, the development of which has barely started). You must test yourself if they are suitable for your purpose. In any case it should be much easier to tweak them to make them do what you need compared to the standard ReportLab implementation.
- Anolis is an HTML document post-processor that takes an input HTML file, adds section numbers, a table of contents, and cross-references, and writes the output to another file.
- Anonymouth is a Java-based application that aims to give users the tools and knowledge needed to begin anonymizing documents they have written. It does this by firing up JStylo libraries (an author detection application also developed by PSAL) to detect stylometric patterns and determine features (like word length, bigrams, trigrams, etc.) that the user should remove/add to help obscure their style and identity. Anonymouth is developed by the Privacy, Security and Automation Lab (PSAL) at Drexel University, Philadelphia PA.
- Antiword is a free MS-Word reader for GNU/Linux, RISC OS, and DOS. It converts the documents from Word 2, 6, 7, 97, 2000, 2002, and 2003 to text, Postscript, and XML/DocBook. Antiword tries to keep the layout of the document intact.
- Aria Maestosa
- Compose, edit, and play MIDI files. Has a graphical user interface with multiple instrument-specific views.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.