A tool for managing multi-level backups to fixed disk and removable CD/DVD media.
Yakup is a tool for managing multi-level backups to fixed disk and removable CD/DVD media. Yakup can also be used for ad-hoc archiving.
- Full and multi-level differential backups.
- Backup up and restore from fixed disk or removable CD/DVD media.
- Media spanning.
- tar(1) formatted archives.
- Optional gzip or bzip2 compression.
- Single bash(1) shell script -- trivial installation, runs on any GNU/Linux system.
- Flexible customizable configuration options.
5 October 2005
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Source requirement||1.0.2 stable released on 2005-09-13|
|Required to build||GNU bash|
|Required to build||GNU coreutils|
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.