a set of packages for creating applications.
The AppTools project includes a set of packages that Enthought has found useful in creating a number of applications. They implement functionality that is commonly needed by many applications
- enthought.appscripting: Framework for scripting applications.
- enthought.help: Provides a plugin for displaying documents and examples and running demos in Envisage Workbench applications.
- enthought.io: Provides an abstraction for files and folders in a file system.
- enthought.naming: Manages naming contexts, supporting non-string data types and scoped preferences.
- enthought.permissions: Supports limiting access to parts of an application unless the user is appropriately authorised (not full-blown security).
- enthought.persistence: Supports pickling the state of a Python object to a dictionary, which can then be flexibly applied in restoring the state of the object.
- enthought.preferences: Manages application preferences.
- enthought.resource: Manages application resources such as images and sounds.
- enthought.scripting: A framework for automatic recording of Python scripts.
- enthought.sweet_pickle: Handles class-level versioning, to support loading of saved data that exist over several generations of internal class structures.
- enthought.template: Supports creating templatizable object hierarchies.
- enthought.type_manager: Manages type extensions, including factories to generate adapters, and hooks for methods and functions.
- enthought.undo: Supports undoing and scripting application commands.
released on 29 February 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:BSD 3Clause||Kelly Hopkins||5 August 2009|
|License:LGPLv2.1||Kelly Hopkins||5 August 2009|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 24 December 2016.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.