Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology. With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project. Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- RECAP is a browser extension that improves the experience of using PACER, the electronic public access system for the U.S. Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts. It also helps you contribute records to a public archive hosted by the Internet Archive and it shows you when free documents are available on the archive.
- JabRef is a graphical Java application for editing BibTeX (.bib) databases. JabRef lets you organize your entries into overlapping logical groups, and with a single click limit your view to a single group or an intersection or union of several groups. You can customize the entry information shown in the main window, and sort by any of the standard BibTeX fields. JabRef can autogenerate BibTeX keys for your entries. JabRef also lets you easily link to PDF or web sources for your reference entries. JabRef can import from and export to several formats, and you can customize export filters. JabRef can be run as a command line application to convert from any import format to any export format.
- Libcsdbg is a C++ exception stack tracer. When an exception is thrown, caught and handled, libcsdbg offers the tools to create and process the exception stack trace, the path the exception has propagated up the call stack, unwinding it, up to the section were it was handled. The traces are detailed with demangled function signatures and additional addr2line info (the source code file and line that each function was called). Libcsdbg will perform flawlessly with single and multi-threaded (or multi-process) programs, with any dynamically linked shared object (DSO - Dynamic Shared Object) and with any statically linked library. Additionally, libcsdbg helps the developer/tester create sophisticated stack traces of any thread, at any given moment during a process execution, as a snapshot of the runtime call graph. This is very useful in cases of fatal errors, reception of terminating signals or process abortion/termination (such as segmentation faults). libcsdbg can use all the well-known objective code file formats (a.out, elf, coff, ecoff, etc.) and can easily be used as the base for your own instrumentation code. libcsdbg transparently loads the symbol tables of the chosen dynamic libraries and of the executable, demangles function symbols to complete signatures, and binds function names to runtime addresses (even for the DSO symbols).
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- Management system for libraries and and documentation centers.
- PeerLibrary is an free software project developing a collaborative online community where scholars and researchers can discover, read, and discuss scholarly literature all within one site. This project focuses on expediting access to publications, enabling public recordings of analysis and insights on said publications, and encouraging collaboration and openness in the development of science.
- The purpose of the ZerSol C++ library is the finding all the zeros of an analytic function that are contained in a given rectangular region of a complex plane. It is based on the argument principle and recursive subdivisions of the region coupled with the Newton's iterations at the final stage of the search. The ZerSol library assumes that evaluation of the function is expensive and tries to minimize the number of the function calls by using efficient algorithms and special data structures. Although easy to use, the library provides an extensive set of interface functions for the search customization and detailed diagnostic messages in case of failures. It is supplied with a set of test cases and bindings for C and Fortran users. The library is thoroughly tested on many hard problems and demonstrates a good performance.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.