Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- AdaVenture is a kid-friendly retro point & click game, essentially intended to be a minimal extension to 3D of the original 2D Atari game named "Adventure". Set in ancient Persia, it begins outside the castle of the young King Xerxes, who inherited a golden chalice from his father, Darius the Great. Coveted by Greek foes King Leonidas of Sparta and King Minos of Crete, the chalice has been stolen. Your quest is to seek and return the royal chalice to its pedestal within the castle of Xerxes...a stealth mission to avoid open hostilities. But, there will be obstacles to overcome. You must find the keys to various realms, defend yourself against dragons and the Minotaur, avoid pesky bats who steal things only to drop them in random locations, and survive the maze of the green mamba.
- antimicro is a graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad. This program is useful for playing PC games using a gamepad that do not have any form of built-in gamepad support. However, you can use this program to control any desktop application with a gamepad; on GNU/Linux, this means that your system has to be running an X environment in order to run this program.
- Asgard Free Software RPG
- Join "Hand"; in an all new epic adventure to destroy an ancient sealed enemy. Asgard is a role playing game complete with menus, random battles, maps, towns, and dungeons.
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology. With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project. Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- Beyond The Titanic
- Adventure awaits you onboard the RMS Titanic. Can you survive the sinking and make it home to San Francisco?
- CF Client
- Crossfire is graphical multi-user 2d tile-based role playing game similar to Moria, Angband, Omega, Nethack, Rogue, Gauntlet, and Muds. The bulk of the game is based on predefined maps, however some areas are randomly generated.
- Castle Game Engine
- Castle Game Engine is a cross-platform 3D and 2D game engine for Object Pascal (FPC and Lazarus). - It supports many formats for game assets, including X3D, VRML, Collada, Spine JSON, MD3 and others. - Many graphic effects are possible, including bump mapping, shadows, shaders, mirrors, screen effects. - Animation, collision detection, 3D sound and more features are available. - An extensible system of 3D objects can be used, with out-of-the-box levels, items, intelligent creatures and more. - The engine is portable -- for desktop, mobile, web plugin. The engine is also used to develop view3dscene - a full-featured X3D / VRML browser and a viewer for many other 3D and 2D game formats.
- Crossfire is a graphical, multi-user, 2D tile-based RPG (role playing game) similar to Ultima Online, Everquest, Moria, Angband, Omega, Nethack, Rogue, Gauntlet, and MUDs. Most of the game is based on predefined maps, but some areas are randomly generated. Since its initial release, Crossfire has grown to encompass over 150 monsters, about 3000 maps, an elaborate magic system, 12 races, 15 character classes, a system of skills, and many artifacts and treasures. It is based in a medieval fantasy world.
- DataMonster is a d20 D&D command line management program written in Python (there is a C++ version in CVS, but it is not currently being developed). It provides an exp calculator, and access to monster information in the 3.5 SRD. It is not yet feature complete. It uses libxml2 and readline to provide many of its features.
- Deliantra Archetypes
- Deliantra is a free software cooperative multiplayer RPG and adventure game, much similar in style (and setting) to nethack and moria, but is fully graphical and runs in realtime. It is set in a classical medieval environment with ubiquitous weapons and magic. What makes this game special is its depth and the sheer amount of maps to explore: The world is vast (multiple continents, over 4000 manually designed maps, hundreds of monsters and countless variations of generated content) and complex (16 unique races, 17 classes, 40 skills and hundreds of spells to choose from and combine with each other), so there is a lot to explore. The game play is open and sets very few limits on character development. And of course a lot of fun is to be had by playing cooperatively with others exploring the same world.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.