Broaden your selection: Category/Graphics
- Art of Illusion can be used as a 3D Modeller and can be used to create movies. It can currently import and export Alias .obj files and export VRML97 files (without animation). To create movies, Art of Illusion has a offline renderer and set of tools to create animations. Highlights include subdivision surface based modelling tools, skeleton based animation, and a graphical language for designing procedural textures and materials.
- 'aview' is an high quality image (pnm) browser and animation (fli/flc) player which renders its output as ASCII-art. It is implemented using AA-lib.
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- besssugo is a free computational tool specifically designed to aid a cognizant expert—i.e. you, whether an engineer, scientist, technician, geek, etc—to build videos showing the result of a certain scientific calculation or whatever data can be computed or storied in a digital computer. Technically speaking, it is a plugin for the computational tool wasora, which provides means to parse and understand a high-level plain-text input file containing algebraic expressions, data for function interpolation, differential equations and output instructions amongst other facilities. Therefore, any mathematical computation which can be done by wasora—i.e. solving systems of differential-algebraic equations, multidimensional interpolation of scattered data, numerical integration and differentiation, etc.—can be combined with the facilities that besssugo provides to create visual representations in the form of animations.
- Blender is an integrated 3D suite for modelling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback (games). Blender has its own particular user interface, which is implemented entirely in OpenGL and designed with speed in mind. Python bindings are available for scripting; import/export features for popular file formats like 3D Studio and Wavefront Obj are implemented as scripts by the community. Stills, animations, models for games or other third party engines and interactive content in the form of a standalone binary and/or a web plug-in are common products of Blender use.
- 'blib' is the Blinkenlights Library, a programming library that gives you a kick start into development with Blinkenlights/Arcade. 'blib' also provides the Game API with which games for Arcade can be developed. 'blib' provides functions to read and write BLM, BML, and MNG animations, and to receive and send the Blinkenlights protocol.
- 'blinkensim' is the Blinkenlights project's simulator. Using blinkensim you can receive the Blinkenlights Protocol as it is being sent by the Blinkenlights Chaos Control Center to the Matrix Control Units (the computers that take care of controlling the lamps). 'blinkensim' has graphic backends for DirectFB and GTK+ 2.0. It should run on all GNU/Linux systems using one of these backends.
- 'blinkentools' is a set of utilities related to Blinkenlights. It includes b2b, a converter for blinkenmovies that can apply some simple effects, b2mng, which creates MNG animations from blinkenmovies, and bsend, which sends movies over the net using the Blinkenlights network protocol.
- Castle Game Engine
- Castle Game Engine is a cross-platform 3D and 2D game engine for Object Pascal (FPC and Lazarus). - It supports many formats for game assets, including X3D, VRML, Collada, Spine JSON, MD3 and others. - Many graphic effects are possible, including bump mapping, shadows, shaders, mirrors, screen effects. - Animation, collision detection, 3D sound and more features are available. - An extensible system of 3D objects can be used, with out-of-the-box levels, items, intelligent creatures and more. - The engine is portable -- for desktop, mobile, web plugin. The engine is also used to develop view3dscene - a full-featured X3D / VRML browser and a viewer for many other 3D and 2D game formats.
- CAVE is an acronym for Character Animation Viewer for Everyone. It uses an ncurses interface to view flipbook style character animations. Features include: frame stepping, scrolling for frames larger than screen, realtime fps adjustment and frame cueing, multiple files and file reloading, animation looping, screensaver (with shuffle), fullscreen toggle, comprehensive status bar, builtin help, supports gzipped compressed files, regular expressions for frame deliminators, support for per-frame delays defined in files, autodetecting the top of a frame and more.