Broaden your selection: Category/Hobbies
- BMI is a tool to help dieters. It calculates your Body Mass Index (BMI) and gives you an indication of your fitness. It saves the results in a file, so you can through the program look at the file, and compare your results from day to day, which gives you an overview of your weight development over time.
- BioImageXD - Free and open source software for analysis, processing and 3D rendering of multi dimensional microscopy images. It uses free software such as Python, wxPython, VTK, and is a free replacement for very expensive commercial 3D microscopy analysis and visualisation software BioImageXD is a collaborative open source free software project, designed and developed by microscopists, cell biologists and programmers from the Universities of JyvÃÂ¤skylÃÂ¤ and Turku in Finland, and collaborators worldwide.
- A complete system for measurement, management and statistics of sport short-time tests. Chronojump is used by trainers, teachers and students.
- GNUtrition is free nutrition analysis software written for the GNU operating system. The US Department of Agriculture, Nutrient Database of Standard Reference is used as the source of food nutrient information. Supports both Imperial and metric weights. Calculates for a wide range of nutrients, including trace minerals and amino acids. Can also calculate the recommended daily intake for many nutrients. Users can create recipes and compute their nutritional content. You can specify personal dietary goals, and compare the nutritional composition of various recipes to them. Output is in LaTeX format. This package was formerly known as RAT (Recipe Analysis Tool).
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following functionalities:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
- Menstruation Calendar
- Mencal is a simple variation of the well-known Unix command cal. The main difference is that you can have some periodically repeating days highlighted in color. This can be used to track menstruation (or other) cycles conveniently.
- 'nut' allows you to record what you eat, and analyze your meals for nutrient composition. The database included is the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 14, which contains 6,039 foods. This database contains values for calories, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, total fat, etc.; vitamins A, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, B6, etc.; minerals calcium, copper, iron etc.; as well as the omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Nutrient levels are expressed as a percentage of the Daily Value, which comprise Reference Daily Intake and Daily Reference Values, the familiar standard of food labeling in the United States.
- Shrinking Man
- Shrinking Man is an application for tracking your weight and the calories consumed each day. It integrates well with the GNOME desktop environment.
- SleepyHead is a free and open source graphical program used for exploring data produced by CPAP machines. It can be used for sleep tracking and monitoring sleep apnea treatment.
CPAP machines supported:
- Philips Respironics System One (450P models and above)
- ResMed S9 families (excluding Escape models), plus AirSense 10 support
- Fisher & Paykel Icon
- DeVilbiss Intellipap CPAP/Auto
- Workrave helps prevent and combat RSI and other sedentary-related illnesses by prompting you to take regular computer breaks. Alerts are given for micro-pauses (typing breaks), rest breaks and a daily limit. All limits are configurable and optional.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.