Broaden your selection: Category/Hobbies
- Abc2ps is a typesetting program for ABC, a code for typsetting music that uses standard ASCII characters. It reads a file containing abc code and outputs the music to another file in Postscript. The music can then displayed (i.e. using ghostview) or printed on a Postscript printer.
- abcm2ps is a package that converts music tunes from ABC format to PostScript. Based on abc2ps version 1.2.5, it was developed mainly to print baroque organ scores that have independant voices played on one or more keyboards, and a pedal-board. It introduces many extensions to the ABC language that make it suitable for classical music.
- 'abcpp' is a simple yet powerful preprocessor designed for, but not limited to, ABC music files. It provides conditional output, macros, symbol renaming, and file inclusion. It was written to overcome incompatibilities between ABC packages, and to facilitate writing portable, and more readable ABC files.
- 'abcsh', still in the planning stages, will be a shell for processing ABC music notation files. It could form the foundation of a larger system for music composition and orchestration using ABC music notation as a means of representing musical performance. The shell hopes to handle routine ABC transformation like part extraction, transposition, part merging etc. It will also be designed so that you can access the ABC notation file content from embedded scripting languages. It supports ABC music notation version 2.0. This project was a GNU package. It has since been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
- 'amber' aims to be an easy-to-use granular synthesis tool for GNU/Linux to assist composers and electronic musicians in creating interesting and complex sounds. More information on the theory and application of granular synthesis techniques can be found at http://shoko.calarts.edu/~eric/gs.html.
- Aria Maestosa
- Compose, edit, and play MIDI files. Has a graphical user interface with multiple instrument-specific views.
- BEAST BSE
- BEAST is an abbreviation for Bedevilled Audio System. BSE an abbreviation for Bedevilled Sound Engine, it implements all the neccessary music processing logic required by BEAST in a seperate reusable library. The "Bedevilled" portion of the names has no religious background, but merely refers to the complexity involved implementing such a "BEAST" (pun intended ;).
- 'bpmdj' (beats per minute DJ) is a set of free DJ'ing tools. The first is a very accurate BPM measurement tool. The second is a player which changes the tempo of music. It also allows for nudging, forward and backward movement by measures, and other nice things.
- CYTHAR is multi-platform, pattern-oriented, polyphonic MIDI step-sequencer, which makes its own path. 16 parallel patterns with six tracks and 16 bars -- equating to 256 bars and 96 tracks. The six pattern tracks imitate the strings of a guitar and will be tuned e.g. to “EAdgbe”. For example, you can set a guitar chord to a pattern tune and then by enabling a few events or triggers the sequencer will start a solo or plays with the chords. You can program drum sets, melodies, arpeggios and complete songs.
- Cadencii is a multi-track piano roll editor. A synthesis backend, such as vConnect-STAND or EFB-GW-PL is needed.