Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- 4store is a database storage and query engine that holds RDF data. 4store's main strengths are its performance, scalability and stability. It does not provide many features over and above RDF storage and SPARQL queries, but if your are looking for a scalable, secure, fast and efficient RDF store, then 4store should be on your shortlist.
- A2K (formerly known as Accutron 2000) is a small, simple, and unobtrusive IRC bot. It is meant to do only a few things, do them well, and generally be seen and not heard. It is written in Python, and thus should theoretically run anywhere you have Python and a working TCP/IP stack.
- ALSA driver
- The Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) provides audio and MIDI functionality to the GNU/Linux operating system. ALSA has the following significant features:
- Efficient support for all types of audio interfaces, from consumer sound cards to professional multichannel audio interfaces.
- Fully modularized sound drivers.
- SMP and thread-safe design.
- User space library (alsa-lib) to simplify application programming and provide higher level functionality.
- Support for the older Open Sound System (OSS) API, providing binary compatibility for most OSS programs.
- AMaViS-ng is a modular rewrite of amavisd and amavis-perl. It scans email for malicious code inside attachments and archive files, stopping delivery if malicious code is found. It supports integration of several third-party virus scanners and integrates nicely into several MTA setups. Unlike amavis-perl and amavisd, there is no need for build-time configuration
- AOLserver is a multithreaded, TCL-enabled, massively scalable and extensible Web server designed for large scale, dynamic Web sites such as Digital City and AOL.COM. It includes complete database integration, dynamic page scripting, and an open, extensible architecture.
- ASPSeek is an Internet search engine. It consists of an indexing robot, a search daemon, and a CGI search frontend. It Supports Webspaces, which means that the user can combine and perfrom searches within several Web sites simultaneously, instead of browsing each site individually. It can index as many as a few million URLs and search for words and phrases, use wildcards, and do a Boolean search. Search results can be limited to time period given, site or Web space (set of sites) and sorted by relevance (PageRanks are used) or date. ASPSeek is optimized for multiple sites (threaded index, async DNS lookups, grouping results by site), but can be used for searching one site as well. Other features include stopwords and ispell support, a charset and language guesser, HTML templates for search results, excerpts, and query words highlighting.
- A Virtual File System lets programs look inside archived or compressed files, or access remote files without recompiling the programs or changing the kernel. It currently supports floppies, tar and gzip files, zip, bzip2, ar and rar files, ftp sessions, http, webdav, rsh/rcp, ssh/scp. Quite a few other handlers are implemented with the Midnight Commander's external FS.
- Active Spam Killer
- Active Spam Killer (ASK) confirms the sender's email address before actual delivery takes place. A "confirmation message" is automatically sent to all "unknown" users. Once the sender replies to that message (a simple reply will do), all future emails from that person are delivered immediately. You can also specify (regexp) addresses to be immediately accepted, rejected (with a nastygram) or ignored. The package also includes a utility to scan your old mailboxes and generate a list of emails to be accepted automatically.
- Alarm Pinger
- Alarm Pinger (apinger) is a little tool which monitors various IP devices by simple ICMP echo requests. Unlike most Perl or shell script tools, it does not spawn processes or use much CPU time, and is ideal for when one wants continuous monitoring and fast response upon target failure. It supports both IPv4 and IPv6. Alarm Pinger is configurable via $sysconfdir/apinger.conf file. The configuration file contains definitions for alarms, targets and various parameters. It does need root privileges to start (to create raw sockets), but will drop them before sending or receiving any packets.
- Alist is a program that collects hardware and software information about systems and stores it in a database for users to browse and search via a Web interface. The program consists of three parts: a client portion that collects the information, a daemon that receives data sent from clients, and a CGI that displays and lets you search for information.