Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- Affinty is a desktop search tool, which hopes to provide a quick way to get at all the different information on your desktop. It achieves this by having various back-ends, but implemented through one standard interface.
- Front-end to both the Beagl and Tracker desktop search engines.
- Has actions (configurable through Desktop files), which speed up common tasks.
- Has built-in, user-configurable, filters which work in the the entry box, so typing pics:london will only bring up pictures.
- Super-fast application searching through an built-in list of applications.
- Colours can be customised to your taste.
- Lives in the system-tray, but can be called by a global key stroke. Default is Ctrl+Alt+a, but you can change it to anything you like!
- Alerttail monitors a given file and executes a list of actions when a user-defined text pattern has been written to the file. For example, the user can pop up a GTK notification window when a certain message is written to a log file. Actions can be alerttail-built-in actions (GTK notify action, geoipLocalization action, or filtering text action) or a custom user defined shell command action.
- Anontwi - is a tool for OAuth2 applications (such as: GNUSocial, Twitter...) that provides different layers of encryption and privacy methods.
- Avant Window Navigator
- Avant Window Navgator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the bottom of the screen (in all its composited-goodness) tracking open windows.
Awn uses libwnck to keep a track of open windows, and behaves exactly like a normal window-list:
- Clicking an icon switches to that window, clicking again will minimise the window
- Right-clicking will bring up a menu extactly like that of what you see on the window-list, allowing you to max, min, close, resize etc the window.
- Dragging something on top of an icon will activate that window.
- Visually (and quite attractively) responds to 'needs attention' & 'urgent' events
- Can show windows from the entire viewport, or just the visible viewport.
- BgChanger is a simple set of scripts adding wallpaper rotation functionality to GNOME. It is designed to be simple above all else, with no complicated menus or options.
- Color Mouse
- One way to implement color mouse cursors with SDL.
- Common Desktop Environment
- The Common Desktop Environment was created by a collaboration of Sun, HP, IBM, DEC, SCO, Fujitsu and Hitachi. Used on a selection of commercial UNIXs, it is now available as free software for the first time.
- Cryptkeeper is a FreeDesktop.org Standard (KDE, Gnome, XFce, etc.) system tray applet that manages EncFS encrypted folders.
- Desktop Data Manager
- Desktop Data Manager is a clipboard manager for GNOME similar to Klipper for KDE. With DDM, it is possible to display different types of content like text or images. Additionally, DDM includes a screenshot taking application which is able to take screenshots of a single window or subwindow, a rectangle of the screen, or the whole desktop.
- Desktop Drapes
- Desktop Drapes is a wallpaper management application for the GNOME desktop. It can randomly change your wallpaper every once in a while, or whenever you feel like it, and it can automatically detect new wallpapers added to a directory by using inotify.