Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- Automates most tasks on video and audio streaming.
Besides being a free/libre software, its goals are:
- Move past command-line based streaming, by automating things.
- Provide audio/video feedback for the volunteer at the station to monitor the streaming.
- Behave slightly differently according to user actions or loss of the feed.
- GTK+ graphical user interface.
- Ease to switch between testing mode -- for testing the audio and video chain without broadcasting -- to stream mode, which broadcasts the feeds.
- In the event of main camera source failure, ABYSS changes the pipeline to fetch the video source from a backup USB webcam and then starts broadcasting again.
- Each stream is actually recorded locally in three forms to allow easy post-processing: audio-only, raw-video, and audio-video.
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices. NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- "Classified ads" is messaging system for exchange of private and public messages between humans, and maybe other primates. Features of the program include, but are not limited to: * Sending and retrieving messages public and private, between humans or inside groups * No need for server-side support of any kind * Minimal hassle for the end-user * No need for contracts with any service-operators, not counting your ISP * Identification of message senders while allowing some withdrawal of personal details * Text-based search of public posting
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- Conversations is a Jabber/XMPP client for Android 5.0+ smartphones that has been optimized to provide a unique mobile experience. A port to iOS is envisaged in the medium-term future. Conversations allows you to easily send images, show if your contact has received and read your message, permit dynamic history and handles multiple devices (especially sync with desktop clients), allow you to create group chats and support one-to-one Audio/Video calls ! And thanks to the XMPP Protocol (that is a push protocol) you battery life is safe. Conversations also does not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). Using the XMPP federated protocol, you can freely choose a trustworthy server (your own if you want) for yourself while still chatting with contacts that are using other servers. The communication between Conversations and the XMPP server as well as the communication between the individual servers is TLS encrypted. This way, not only your messages are safe but more importantly it is impossible for an outside attacker to intercept your meta data (with whom you are chatting) without attacking your server first. On top of that, Conversations gives you the choice to enable one of two end-to-end encryption mechanisms. The first one is OMEMO, a state of the art multi-end-to-multi-end encryption method which is very easy to setup and gives you forward secrecy and plausible deniability. For backwards compatibility reasons Conversations also supports OpenPGP. F-droid version: Installing the F-Droid client to get the app and timely app update notifications is highly recommended by the developers.
- CryptPad is a libre and encrypted collaboration suite that can be used for forms, presentations and other collaborative documents.
- Dino (instant messenger)
- Dino is a modern open-source chat client for the desktop. It focuses on providing a clean and reliable Jabber/XMPP experience while having your privacy in mind. It supports end-to-end encryption with OMEMO and OpenPGP and allows configuring privacy-related features such as read receipts and typing notifications. Dino fetches history from the server and synchronizes messages with other devices.
- Element Desktop
- Element Desktop is a chat platform using Matrix.
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins. This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation. Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface. You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games. The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.