Broaden your selection: Category/Network-hookup
- Supports A, AAAA, ANY, CNAME, MX, NAPTR, NS, PTR, SOA, SRV, and TXT DNS queries.
- AntiDialer is a QT-based broadband dialer for Sify Broadband users in India. It has features comparable to the Sify Windows dialer, such as password saving and autologin. Now Sify users no longer have to depend upon the old default dialer provided by Sify.
- Hosts files will reroute unwanted traffic from ad farms, behavioral tracking firms and malware sites to a blackhole; routing to 0.0.0.0 (localhost; your PC) when a request is made to a URL on the blacklist. Which means any traffic that would have left your system for that destination, is sent inward, to your localhost and then abandoned. Despite what some may suggest, hosts files are not "1980s technology" and still very useful today, as an additional layer of security. Hosts file are a useful redundancy when coupled with ad blockers like uBlock Origin and uMatrix - while debugging or 'Temporarily Allow All on this Site' with Noscript can open you up to underlying attacks or privacy intrusions. In-browser filters won't protect you if the browser itself is phoning home. If you have an up-to-date hosts file, the risk is severely lessened. Auto Hosts will automate the setup process for maintaining an up to date hosts file, by: - Installing a weekly cronjob to pull fresh/updated copies of hosts lists (default is every Sunday at 7:22pm) (Default custom_filters and firefox-includes) source appends Facebook trackers, Linkedin ads, Google fonts, Firefox telemetry and other harvester sites that curated lists for whatever reason, have not added to their blacklists - Refreshes DNS to instantiate the re-routed changes (Mac Only) If Devdom is installed, append all local virtualhosts (if it is installed - it is -not- a requirement! Autohosts does a conditional check to ensure your dev environment doesn't break if you're using Devdom. Read the code.) - Uninstall offers the ability to revert to a fresh hosts file and undo any changes made by Autohosts; a backup will be copied to /tmp - Add custom blacklists, whitelists and host sources from ~/autohosts on your desktop
- Cjdns implements an encrypted IPv6 network using public key cryptography for address allocation and a distributed hash table for routing. This provides near zero-configuration networking without many of the security and robustness issues that regular IPv4 and IPv6 networks have. Hyperboria is the largest cjdns network, with hundreds of active nodes around the world.
- DNSleak inspects DNS packets on the local network interface to detect leaks. Unlike web-based solutions, it works at the local computer level. No third party servers are used and DNS leak result is a true/false response.
- Durruter is a command-line wizard to manage iptables entries like in a hardware router web interface. Forward ports and ranges from multiple interfaces, allow internet traffic from multiple nets to multiple network interfaces.
- Gnunet ,
- GNUnet is a framework for secure peer-to-peer networking that does not use any centralized or otherwise trusted services. Its high-level goal is to provide a strong free software foundation for a global network that provides security and privacy. GNUnet started with an idea for anonymous censorship-resistant file-sharing, but has grown to incorporate other applications as well as many generic building blocks for secure networking applications. In particular, GNUnet now includes the GNU Name System, a privacy-preserving, decentralized public key infrastructure.
- Iproute2 is a collection of utilities for controlling TCP / IP networking and traffic control in Linux. It is currently maintained by Stephen Hemminger <firstname.lastname@example.org>. The original author, Alexey Kuznetsov, is well known for the QoS implementation in the Linux kernel. Most network configuration manuals still refer to ifconfig and route as the primary network configuration tools, but ifconfig is known to behave inadequately in modern network environments. They should be deprecated, but most distros still include them. Most network configuration systems make use of ifconfig and thus provide a limited feature set. The /etc/net project aims to support most modern network technologies, as it doesn't use ifconfig and allows a system administrator to make use of all iproute2 features, including traffic control. iproute2 is usually shipped in a package called iproute or iproute2 and consists of several tools, of which the most important are ip and tc. ip controls IPv4 and IPv6 configuration and tc stands for traffic control. Both tools print detailed usage messages and are accompanied by a set of manpages.
- Ka2dyn presents the following characteristics :
- can display extended debugging infos when asked for,
- can log via syslog when asked for,
- can run in dummy mode when asked for,
- can handle more than one service at a time,
- each service is assured by a dynamically loaded library.
- MongooseIM is aimed at large, complex enterprise level projects where real-time communication is critical for business success. It provides high availability, ease of deployment, development and reliability in production. The MongooseIM platform includes server-side components and client libraries. It has also contributed to open source third party XMPP libraries: Smack for Android and XMPP framework for iOS. Built around proven technologies XMPP/Jabber, it adds a simple client/server REST API for front-end and back-end integration.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.