Difference between revisions of "Category/Security"
(inserting Category-page template -- User:jgay)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 13:25, 6 July 2011
Broaden your selection:
- ACE UC Sniffer
- ACE (Automated Corporate Enumerator) is a simple yet powerful VoIP Corporate Directory enumeration tool that mimics the behavior of an IP Phone in order to download the name and extension entries that a given phone can display on its screen interface. It is based on UC Sniffer.
- AGT is a console frontend for iptables. It lets you specify options in easy-to-read configuration files, so you can quickly make complex changes to your firewall/gateway.
- AIM Sniff
- AIM Sniff is a utility for monitoring and archiving AIM and MSN messages across a network. It can be used to monitor for cases of harassment or warez trading. It has the ability to do a live dump (actively sniff the network) or read a PCAP file and parse the file for IM messages. You also have the option of dumping the information to a MySQL database or STDOUT. AIM Sniff will also monitor for an IM login and then perform an SMB lookup on the originating computer in order to match NT Domain names with IM login names (handles).
- AMaViS-ng is a modular rewrite of amavisd and amavis-perl. It scans email for malicious code inside attachments and archive files, stopping delivery if malicious code is found. It supports integration of several third-party virus scanners and integrates nicely into several MTA setups. Unlike amavis-perl and amavisd, there is no need for build-time configuration
- APSR is a TCP/IP packet sender to test firewalls and other network applications. It also includes a syn flood option, the land DoS attack, a DoS attack against tcpdump running on a UNIX-based system, a UDP-flood attack, and a ping flood option. It currently supports the following protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, Ethernet frames and you can also build any other type of protocol using the generic option. This package was formerly known as APSEND.
- The tool is designed as a password dictionary attack tool that targets windows authentication via the SMB protocol. It is really a wrapper script around the ‘smbclient’ binary, and as a result is dependent on it for its execution.
- Adblock Plus
Antifeature: Tracking comment Adblock Plus is ineffective for surveillance protection by default as it comes with Acceptable Ads enabled: These ads are not meant to be "ads that don't track you".
Blocks banners, pop-ups, tracking, malware. By default, nonintrusive ads aren't blocked in order to support websites.
The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.Starting with Adblock Plus 2.0 there is an option in Filter Preferences to allow some non-intrusive advertising. The goal is to support websites using non-intrusive ways to advertise and to encourage more websites to do the same.
- aenig4 emulates the Enigma M4 cipher machine used by the U-boot division of the German Navy during World War II. It can be used as well to emulate the Enigma I machine (M1, M2, M3).
- Aesutil 2
- 'aesutil' is a small library and command line program to encrypt or decrypt data using the Rijndael algorithm in CBC mode.
- 'afick' is a multi-platform file integrity checker. It works by first creating a database that represents a snapshot of the essential parts of your computer system. You then run the script to discover all modifications made since the snapshot was taken (i.e. files added, changed, or removed). It shows new, deleted and changed files (rights, owner, size, content).