Broaden your selection:
- A set of SUID programs make 9p filesystem support by the Linux kernel easier.
- Authorized Entities Directory (Æ-DIR) is a Privileged Identity and Access Management (IAM/PIM/PAM) based on OpenLDAP
- Strictly follow need to know and least privilege principles
- Agile data maintenance by consequent delegation of manageable small areas
- Provide meaningful audit trails for compliance checks
- Secure defaults
- AFD is a program to automatically distribute files either locally or to remote hosts. The files are distributed by using FTP or SMTP, and can be sent in parallel and with priority. It provides a GUI to monitor and control the distribution and extensive logging of all activities.
- AVideo /ævə'dɛjo:/ is a powerful, 100% libre video and audio downloader for GNU/Linux. With your freedom and privacy a #1 priority, avideo offers you peace of mind in watching everything from world news and documentaries to the latest cat videos. AVideo builds on the power of the infamous youtube-dl to ensure that the user's liberty is not sacrificed. YouTube-DL incorporates JS, SWF, and SDK interpreters in order to deliver some functionality. However, packaging these runs contrary to delivering freedom as a number 1 priority.
- Aardvark Shellutils
- The Aardvark Shell Utils collection includes the following three utilities:
- Realpath, implementation of the 'realpath' function for returning the canonicalized absolute pathname of an input path. This generates an absolute pathname with all symlinks resolved and all '.' and '..' characters removed. Many commands do not work well with relative paths or paths containing symlinks. Realpath resolves these absolute paths.
- Filebase, returns the base portion of a filename, that is the filename with its extension (e.g. .txt) removed. It returns everything preceeding the last period in the input string. The period itself is not returned.
- Fileext, returns the extension portion of a filename (e.g. txt). It returns everything following the last period in the input string. The period itself is not returned.
- The GNU Accounting utilities `ac', `accton', `last', `lastcomm', and `sa' add login and process accounting support to GNU/Linux. "Login accounting" provides summaries of system resource usage based on connect time, and "process accounting" provides summaries based on the commands executed on the system.
- AcpiTool is a Linux ACPI client. It's a small command line application, intended to be a replacement for the apm tool. The primary target audience are laptop users, since these people are most interested in things like battery status, thermal status and the ability to suspend (sleep mode). The program simply accesses the /proc/acpi or /sysfs entries to get or set ACPI values. A computer running a Linux kernel from the 2.4.x or 2.6.x series with ACPI enabled is needed. It also supports various extensions for Toshiba, Asus, and IBM Thinkpad laptops.
- Adblock Plus
Blocks banners, pop-ups, tracking, malware. By default, nonintrusive ads aren't blocked in order to support websites.
The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.Starting with Adblock Plus 2.0 there is an option in Filter Preferences to allow some non-intrusive advertising. The goal is to support websites using non-intrusive ways to advertise and to encourage more websites to do the same.
- Add custom search engine
- Your custom search engine needs a name and search URL. Additionally fields include an icon, a suggestion URL, POST query parameters, the input encoding and a description. Icons can be selected from your local computer or specified as an URL pointing to an image. The extension UI is accessible via a button right next to the URL/search bar or the options in about:addons. Due to a technical limitation with Firefox WebExtensions, all data entered when creating your custom search engine is uploaded to file.io.
- This program gives you raw access to the kernel time variables. For a machine connected to the Internet, or equipped with a precision oscillator or radio clock, the best way to keep the system clock correct is with xntpd. However, for a standalone intermittently connected machine, you may use adjtimex instead to at least correct for systematic drift. Adjtimex can optionally adjust the system clock using the CMOS clock as a reference, and can log times for long-term estimation of the drift rates.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.