Broaden your selection:
- A set of SUID programs make 9p filesystem support by the Linux kernel easier.
- AFD is a program to automatically distribute files either locally or to remote hosts. The files are distributed by using FTP or SMTP, and can be sent in parallel and with priority. It provides a GUI to monitor and control the distribution and extensive logging of all activities.
- APing is the advanced ping program written in Python from scratch that can execute four type of ICMP probes :
- echo request
- address mask request
- timestamp request
- and information request
You can also change the TOS value in packets, retrieve the UTC time from a valid timestamp reply packet, or to change the TTL, even to trace the sent packets to understand better what's going on.
- The Aardvark bookmarklet can be used to remove and modify elements of a web page interactively. This can be used just to read the page in a more comfortable setting or for printing just the selected elements. Also might come handy for web developers. There is also a bookmarklet version available from the homepage.
For now anyway, the Firefox extension is retired. The bookmarklet does everything that it did, and more.
- The GNU Accounting utilities `ac', `accton', `last', `lastcomm', and `sa' add login and process accounting support to GNU/Linux. "Login accounting" provides summaries of system resource usage based on connect time, and "process accounting" provides summaries based on the commands executed on the system.
- AcpiTool is a Linux ACPI client. It's a small command line application, intended to be a replacement for the apm tool. The primary target audience are laptop users, since these people are most interested in things like battery status, thermal status and the ability to suspend (sleep mode). The program simply accesses the /proc/acpi or /sysfs entries to get or set ACPI values. A computer running a Linux kernel from the 2.4.x or 2.6.x series with ACPI enabled is needed. It also supports various extensions for Toshiba, Asus, and IBM Thinkpad laptops.
- Adblock Plus
- Adblock Plus allows you to regain control of the Internet and view the web the way you want to. It is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.
- This program gives you raw access to the kernel time variables. For a machine connected to the Internet, or equipped with a precision oscillator or radio clock, the best way to keep the system clock correct is with xntpd. However, for a standalone intermittently connected machine, you may use adjtimex instead to at least correct for systematic drift. Adjtimex can optionally adjust the system clock using the CMOS clock as a reference, and can log times for long-term estimation of the drift rates.
- 'adtool' is a *nix command line utility for Active Directory administration. Its features include user and group creation, deletion, modification, password setting, directory query, and search capabilities.
- 'afick' is a multi-platform file integrity checker. It works by first creating a database that represents a snapshot of the essential parts of your computer system. You then run the script to discover all modifications made since the snapshot was taken (i.e. files added, changed, or removed). It shows new, deleted and changed files (rights, owner, size, content).
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.