Apache Commons Collections
The Java Collections Framework was a major addition in JDK 1.2. It added many powerful data structures that accelerate development of most significant Java applications. Since that time it has become the recognised standard for collection handling in Java.
Commons-Collections seek to build upon the JDK classes by providing new interfaces, implementations and utilities. There are many features, including:
- Bag interface for collections that have a number of copies of each object
- BidiMap interface for maps that can be looked up from value to key as well and key to value
- MapIterator interface to provide simple and quick iteration over maps
- Transforming decorators that alter each object as it is added to the collection
- Composite collections that make multiple collections look like one
- Ordered maps and sets that retain the order elements are added in, including an LRU based map
- Reference map that allows keys and/or values to be garbage collected under close control
- Many comparator implementations
- Many iterator implementations
- Adapter classes from array and enumerations to collections
- Utilities to test or create typical set-theory properties of collections such as union, intersection, and closure
released on 4 July 2013
This package is listed in the following Collections:
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Apache2.0||genium||10 November 2013|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developers||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/|
|Developers||VCS Repository Webview||https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/collections/trunk/|
|Users||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-user/|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 10 November 2013.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.